Skip to main content

Welcome to Dayglo Daydreams

  Welcome to my new blog! Dayglo Daydreams will be a blog about prog rock, indie, metal, post-punk, synthwave, reggae and ska as well as bad and good  movies and local sports such as indie pro wrestling , roller derby, and quadball. Music is my first love, so it might be what I review most, but these other things are love's of mine as well; such as movies and sporting events. I'm still working on how to write as a sports reporter though.

   I operate out of the Tulsa Metro Area, and will be reviewing sporting events in that area.  I personally play Quadball. Our team, the Arkansas River Augreys is trying to get USQ affiliation. My ability to review Quadball events might be compromised by my participation in the sport. This will not be the case for review/coverage of indie wrestling or local roller derby events. Unless something changes, I will not play in or officiate those matches. I think this will be a lot of fun! If you are new here, hold on for the ride and let's begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing the Blog

 This blog has been inactive for a while. The reason why? I went and did a job as an airport janitor, and I didn't have the energy to keep this up. Now I am going to school to be a sound technician. I may update this infrequently, or this may be the last page. Who is to say?

Review of Laser Mission

  If you are willing to go into a movie called Laser Mission knowing no lasers will be fired during the movie, Laser Mission is an okay movie. Maybe I am biased because I like low budget action films. Maybe I'm biased because there are worse films with worse acting (Samurai Cop anyone?). This movie has some cheesy acting, some ludicrous action, some cliched plot twists, and bad accents but it is an alright movie to get your buddies together and have a fun time . (spoiler warning ahead) The plot of Laser Mission is that the African Hope Diamond has been stolen by the Soviets who are in Africa. They are after a scientist played by Ernst Borgnine. (big spoiler ahead). It is revealed that that diamond if touched by a laser will trigger a nuclear weapon (how is anyone's guess). The CIA hires a mercenary played by Brandon Lee to stop the soviets and their mercenaries. The soviets capture Borgnine and it is the job of Lee's character to rescue Borgnine and get the crystal from...